Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR) Previously known as Periodic Inspections.
Inspection and Testing.
It is basically an MOT for your home electrics, if you don't keep it trustworthy and safe it will break down.
What is the aim of a condition report?
TOP ANSWER IS, YOUR SAFETY !
The purpose of an EICR.
All electrical installations deteriorate and suffer with age – some more quickly than others. The reason for carrying out an EICR is to ascertain that as far as is practicable, an installation remains safe, whether it is in a satisfactory condition for further use and to record and highlight any deficiencies found.
Such reports are often required when properties are either sold, rented out or having works proposed or specified. In some cases reports may be required by insurance companies, or even just to satisfy individual client’s interests.
You may need a condition report for a number of reasons, such as when selling or buying a property. Or, you may need a report to find out the condition of an installation after a flood or fire, or at the end of the period recommended in a previous electrical certificate or report. Some of the main reasons for a condition are as follows:
- Ensure your Building or Contents insurance is not void.
- Ensure the electrical installation is safe for the user and fault free.
- Ensure the installation meets the required standards of the IET Wiring Regulations
- 17th edition, BS7671:2008 (2011).
- Provide an important record of the installation at the time of the inspection, and for
- inspection and testing in the future.
- Please see pictures to the right, from actual Inspections. Potentially DANGEROUS.
ENSURE THE CONTRACTOR YOU USE IS REGISTERED, INSURED AND MOST IMPORTANTLY MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT JUST GETTING A VISUAL REPORT.
All pictures shown are of actual customers properties, their privacy and details will remain confidential.
Customer reported a funny smell, this was found upon investigation, we can all sleep better now, obviously installed by someone who tried to save a few pounds, potentially costing lives.